The Octopus Group includes Octopus Investments, Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. We call it ‘a brighter way’, changing today for a better tomorrow. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
We're looking for an experienced Head of Retail Investment Marketing to take a senior position within our Marketing Centre of Expertise, reporting into the Brand and Marketing Director for Octopus Group. Working closely with the Sales team and Data/Growth team in Octopus Investments, we want to use great communications to increase the number of Financial Advisers we do business with, and to deepen our relationships with the Financial Advisers that already support us by encouraging them to distribute a broader range of products.
We're a progressive, entrepreneurial, ambitious group of businesses that invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world - and we've got a really exciting story to tell.
STRATEGY AND PLANNING – making sure we understand our financial advisers and our marketplace really well, setting clear objectives and key results for the team to achieve, writing and managing a clear plan
CREATING GREAT STUFF – developing credible, timely and relevant marketing and sales content, and customer friendly, on-brand comms (for investors and financial advisers)
GETTING US OUT THERE – using on and offline channels to ensure our content and communications reach the intended audience
PRODUCTION – oversight of campaigns, effective spending, integration with the technology roadmap and sales plans, ensuring compliance, project management
ANALYSIS – tracking ROI on activity, measuring effectiveness, lead quantification
MANAGEMENT – team of 12 (line management of 6), an opex budget of £2.3M and a number of third parties across creative, media buying and channel management
• Significant exposure to most on and offline marketing channels
• Significant experience using a data led approach for segmentation, effectiveness tracking, growth, retention and lead qualification
• Line management experience (performance management, career development, understanding of others) and matrix management experience (running projects and/or cross functional delivery)
• Min 2 years work experience within financial services sector, including operating in a regulated environment
• Vendor management experience
To really stand out from the crowd
You will have:
• Achieved fantastic business and customer outcomes by combining a data-led approach with great technology solutions and creative, original communications
• Driven demonstrable growth through marketing and communications
• A passion for customer engagement, retention and creating emotional connection
• An understanding of the long term challenges faced by the intermediated investment industry
• A genuine desire to change the world for the better
• An appreciation and value for high quality creative work