External Business Development Managers (EBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise and personal service that is unrivalled in the financial services industry. You will be responsible for the delivery of lending targets across a defined region. Our EBDMs are not just best in class, they are expected to deliver world class service to their brokers and clients.
Achieve and exceed sales targets as set by the Head of Sales.
• Be the focal point for all brokers and clients within your region.
• Assist the internal business development team in chasing new enquiries and pipeline applications.
• Hold face to face meetings with brokers and clients.
What we’re looking for
• A thorough understanding of the UK property finance industry.
• You will have existing relationships in the property broker market with the ability to build and maintain your own panel.
• Proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
• Committed to providing 1st class customer service.
• Experience working for a property lender in a business development role.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
• We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
• We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
• We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
• We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
• We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.