Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 700 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy. Right now we’re in the process of moving from a singular business (Octopus) to a broader group structure incorporating Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property and Octopus Healthcare.
Essential Job Functions
• Working within a region supporting a Business Development Manager
• Generating activity for relevant Field based BDM and office-based colleagues
• Supporting inbound Financial Advisers queries
• Provide an exceptional level of customer service
• Implement regional sales and marketing campaigns
• Help educate financial advisers and empower them to solve their clients’ needs.
• Provide product feedback and identify needs of advisers’ clients and communicate to the relevant business line
• Aid flow of information from Business Line and Product Managers to advisers.
• Improve internal systems to ensure the team works in an efficient way
• Attend and support IFA and industry conferences/seminars, as requested
• Constantly improve product and industry knowledge
• Develop Sales skills to level where they can start to own and manage Financial Adviser relationships.
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• Development – Help to develop your peers by the sharing of information. Actively participate in all internal and external meetings. Develop yourself by seeking out opportunities to stretch out of your comfort zone
• Service – Always go beyond what is expected of you with both your internal and external relationships
• Quality – Effective decision making in all circumstances will ensure a consistently high quality of service in all your dealings with clients and colleagues
• Integrity – Empathise with your colleagues and clients. Lead by example i.e. treat others as you would expect to be treated.
• Delivery – 100% is the only target that you should aim for; both individually and as a team
• Happiness – Celebrate success of your team and others. Create a harmonious team atmosphere in which it is a pleasure to work
• Exceptional consultative sales experience
• Strong and flexible work ethic
• Service focused
• High quality interpersonal skills
• Winning mentality
• Ability to build and expand your own universe of clients
• Attention to detail
• Relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office)
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.