At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in multiple sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 700 people and manage more than £8.5 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
We are looking to start this role in March/April.
Essential Job Functions
· Provide a personalised service to advisers who need urgent or bespoke information for their clients
· Work with Business Development Managers to identify new advisers and key players
· Collaborate with Business Development Managers and Sales Support to develop analytics dashboard insights
· Organise and promote events, including sending invitations, booking venues and managing responses
· Use sales tools to create presentations
· Speak to financial advisers to help them with existing clients they are due to see
· Follow up on ISA transfers where applicable
· Complete research on financial advisers
· Maintain data on our financial advisers
· Contact advisers on product updates
· Call advisers to thank them for business received
· Ensure that notes on the CRM system are entered correctly
· Resolve inbound verbal, email and written enquiries from our customers (investors and their financial advisers), ensuring the customer is always at the heart of everything we do
· Take ownership for all enquiries until resolution, even those you can’t resolve immediately, giving our customers updates on progress to prevent follow ups
· Use your natural flair to engage with customers, empathise when things don’t go as well as we’d like them to, and help them really understand that Octopus has customer experience at its core
· Make courtesy calls to potential investors when they order literature, check they have received all the required information and see if there are any questions they might have
· Gathering feedback by listening to our customers and proposing improvements (e.g. to process, systems, service or literature) to enhance the client experience
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• Be highly self-motivated, driven and organised
• Organisational and task management skills are a must
• Be passionate and eager to succeed
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Experience using Excel
• Experience with CRMs, Microsoft Dynamics preferred
• Be comfortable delivering complex or difficult messages
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.