It’s an exciting time of opportunity and change within our Talent Acquisition team. We are looking for a Recruitment Partner to join our busy team to work closely with a designated business area ensuring hiring needs are met with high calibre talent.
We are a small team supporting an ambitious, high growth organisation to attract and hire diverse talent across the group. This is a fast paced and exciting role that works in partnership with our Head of Talent, Talent Sourcers, HR Partners and Stakeholders across the business ensuring a robust recruitment service is achieved. The Talent Acquisition Partner juggles priorities and will manage and maintain strong internal stakeholder relationships to ensure that they fully understand the recruitment needs of that business and deliver a high quality of service for their functional areas.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
• This role partners with the business to proactively deliver recruitment needs on time with the best talent in the market.
• Provide end-to-end talent acquisition solutions across the business from establishing their recruitment needs to recommending solutions for resourcing issues, interviewing candidates and onboarding successful individuals.
• Actively drive a recruitment model in line with a direct sourcing strategy.
• Working closely with the Talent Sourcing team to assign the search criteria for specific roles/Talent Pipeline projects. Then to review candidate slates ahead of interviews with the business.
• Oversee and manage the full recruitment processes keeping key stakeholders informed as you go.
• Build strong market knowledge of specific sectors. Become an expert in the stakeholder groups that you support, both in terms of their business challenges as well as their resourcing needs.
• Manage and own the decision to utilise any third-party agency supply against positions for your area(s).
• Ensuring that all recruitment activity is aligned to the Octopus employer brand and delivers diversity into the business.
• Coordinate and manage interview training programmes for managers undertaking interviewing activity in partnership with L&D.
• In addition to these core responsibilities the role will also entail ad-hoc value-add recruitment and HR projects.
• Manage workload in compliance with GDPR requirements.
• Strong relationship builder and able to influence using your specialist knowledge.
• Proven end to end recruitment lifecycle experience within an RPO, agency or in-house recruitment team, ideally with experience of working for both a large complex company and a smaller, fast moving entrepreneurial company.
• Experience in providing MI/reports on recruitment activity to enable data driven decisions around resourcing.
• An understanding of employment legislation, and GDPR regulations and how this impacts recruitment.
• Strong direct sourcing and head hunting experience.
• Proven experience in a range of assessment methodologies, including competency interviewing skills, assessment centers, and ideally some experience in behavioral/psychometric assessment tools.
• Exceptional eye for detail and organisational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, with the maturity to remain calm under pressure.
• Up to date on latest recruitment trends and recruiting industry best practice.
• Ability to understand role requirements and to advise Hiring Managers on the best Recruitment Strategy to deliver against the needs.
• Possess the confidence and empathy required to provide good quality feedback.
• Can embrace change and positively deliver against moving goalposts.
• Highly adaptable with experience in recruiting for roles out of your comfort zone.
• Drives own learning and keen to share knowledge.
• Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
• Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and social media platforms
And to really stand out from the crowd
• You are a team player who is not afraid to get involved with the larger Octopus initiatives.
• You enjoy being creative to achieve results thinking innovatively about how to do things better.
• Aware of your own weaknesses and ready to challenge them.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
• We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
• We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
• We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
• We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
• We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.