At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 700 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the role
This role will join the Quoted commercial team, which sits within the Quoted business, part of Octopus Investments. The Quoted business is responsible for the growth and development of quoted investment products (funds and discretionary services) and consists of the Quoted commercial team and two investment management teams.
The Quoted commercial team includes sales, marketing and product management professionals, all with the purpose of increasing the size and value of the Quoted business, whilst ensuring that the business is well-managed and efficient.
You, as the Team Assistant & Sales Support, will report into the Head of Quoted and will fulfil the executive assistant role for him, and will provide some assistance to senior members of the team. You will also work with the distribution team to provide sales support, which will involve working with a number of people on the team and outside it, as well as external clients. The role will be roughly split one-third assistant work and two-thirds sales support, but this will vary week by week.
This is a broad role which will give you exposure to a wide range of people and activities within the investments business including sales, product management, marketing, operations and investment management. It will naturally suit a bright, highly organised and ambitious generalist who has assistant/support experience and wants to build a career within sales or investments.
Essential Job Functions
· Managing the calendar, email traffic and task list for the Head of Quoted, also providing limited support to other senior members of the team as required.
· Managing the agendas for key meetings, compiling relevant papers, and writing up notes and actions.
· Minute taking for meetings, which may be sensitive or have regulatory importance.
· Travel coordination and booking, and processing expenses.
· Creating, formatting, printing and binding PowerPoint presentations and Word documents.
· Take incoming external calls and deal with these capably and professionally, ensuring that great service is provided, and the right outcomes are achieved.
· Support the sales activity by making outbound follow-up calls, fulfilling literature requests, booking meetings, and ensuring our CRM system is kept up to date.
· Fulfill customer illustration and valuation requests, and other routine servicing requirements.
· Assist in diary management and travel coordination for members of the sales team, driving up productivity levels and contributing to sales success.
· Participate in event planning and management, working with sales and marketing team members.
· Data entry regarding sales activity, productivity, pipeline and targets, and ensuring it is up to date. Ensure that the completed information is accurate and regularly circulated in the form of the dashboard and MI/reporting.
· Participate in ad-hoc projects related as required.
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
· Previous team PA/EA, support or administration experience within a fast paced and challenging corporate environment.
· Extremely organized, good attention to detail, and ability to prioritise their workload; always being one step ahead and anticipating needs and potential issues.
· Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
· Highly proficient in MS Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
· Professional, trustworthy, acting with honesty and integrity always.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Confident on the telephone with external clients, has a strong service ethic, comfortable dealing with problems as well as having sales-related conversations.
· Familiarity with, or as a minimum a genuine interest in, financial services and investment sales.
· Appetite for continuous personal and professional development, a desire to further your career within sales or investments.
· The resilience to work in a fast moving, changing environment, and able to cope with ambiguity.
· Comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.