We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Design Studio Manager to join the Group Marketing team at Octopus. You’ll be responsible for managing the in-house Design Studio and communicating the Octopus visual design to the rest of the group. If you love creative work, talented people and have experience driving projects, workflow and high standards, then please get in touch.
You’ll be passionate about creating beautiful, effective design work and you’ll be able to work to tight timescales on multiple projects. You’ll have a strong portfolio of your own, and be capable of quickly picking up – and championing – the Octopus visual style. You’ll be patient and willing to teach those with less experience in your domain, and will be a good manager of creative people.
The Group Marketing team works at a fast pace and is always expected to uphold Octopus brand values through high-quality creative work. You’ll need to react well to working under pressure while still delivering excellent outcomes. You’ll enjoy being creatively challenged and being asked to think differently in a company that is earning a reputation for putting its customers first.
• Manage the workflow of requests into the in-house Design Studio, dissecting briefs, allocating work and managing deadlines
• Manage the Design Studio team (currently 3.5 FTEs) – supporting individual workload and development plans
• Delivery management of creative projects
• Upskill the wider business in self-serve design tasks, such as .ppt and internal comms
• Communicate, develop, represent and defend the Octopus brand and style guidelines (on and offline)
• Take part in corporate marketing activities, such as strategic planning, campaign material development and production
• Extensive experience using the Adobe suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator) to produce excellent design work
• Experience of managing a team and supporting creative individuals
• Strong communication skills, both within the internal team and with clients and contributors
• Experience managing a strict workflow and delivering creative projects
• Strong attention to detail
• Training experience desirable but not essential
• Must be able to build a good level of knowledge and understanding of Octopus products and services
• Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
The Octopus Group includes Octopus Investments, Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Property,
Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital
contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. We call it
‘a brighter way’, changing today for a better tomorrow. And we’re always on the look-out for smart,
talented people who share our values.
Our values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being
straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA
goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
• We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
• We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
• We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
• We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting
• We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel
empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand
the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic,
LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus
employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.