The Octopus Group Marketing team is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to plan and execute Octopus Group digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, manage our social media channels, and to measure and report on digital performance. The Senior Digital Marketing Manager will also provide digital marketing expertise and guidance to other Octopus business marketing leads.
This role is in Octopus Group – the umbrella company that sits above all our businesses to ensure consistency between businesses across marketing, finance, HR and IT.
The role is in the Group Marketing and Brand function. The Group Marketing function is responsible for promoting and protecting the master, generic ‘Octopus’ brand as well as champion the digitisation of the business and provide digital expertise and support across all our companies.
If you live and breathe digital marketing, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager who will:
1. Maintain and lead on the development roadmap for the Octopus Group website as well as other Octopus websites (WordPress)
2. Lead on digital marketing campaigns for the Octopus Group to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels to drive brand awareness and engagement
3. Manage our social media presence and be accountable for the Octopus Group accounts (including reporting); have oversight and input into the other business social media strategies
4. Provide guidance and expertise from concept to execution for Octopus business digital marketing campaigns (especially SEO/SEM, email, social media, analytics)
5. Provide digital reporting and insights for Octopus Group and assist Octopus businesses to measure their digital marketing performance
Other key responsibilities will include:
• Plan and execute all Octopus Group digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, website, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
• Provide guidance and expertise from concept to execution for Octopus business digital marketing campaigns (especially SEO/SEM, email, social media, analytics) and share best practice
• Work with third party agencies for SEO, social, and PPC and the internal design studio for asset creation
• Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and channels, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs; Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Data Studio)
• Maintain and enhance digital reporting for Octopus businesses; Identify trends and provide meaningful insights
• Support businesses with tracking requirements and implementation
• Manage and maintain Google Analytics implementation
• Manage and communicate digital dashboards
• Provide monthly website and social media reporting
• Analyse digital data and provide ad hoc and monthly insights
• Monitor SEO, social and web traffic metrics
• Manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals across all Octopus social media presences and foster cross business collaboration and brand consistency
• Manage the Octopus Group social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook); grow follower base and engagement levels in collaboration with the digital agency
• Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor mentions
• Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
• Develop and enforce Octopus Group wide social media guidelines
• Empower and educate Octopus staff to become brand ambassadors on social media broadening our reach and impact
• Be an Octopus brand ambassador
• Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
• Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide digital thought leadership and perspective and share with Octopus marketing leads
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing, social media and measurement
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Hands on experience in content management; ideally some experience managing websites through WordPress
• Familiarity with web design and UX
• Interest and ideally experience as a Social media manager
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, email, and/or display advertising campaigns
• Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
• Strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies
• Excellent communication skills
• Analytical and multitasking skills
• Self starter
• Degree in Marketing or relevant field
• Good knowledge of website best practice and usability best practice
• Financial Services experience not required
The Octopus Group includes Octopus Investments, Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Property,
Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital
contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. We call it
‘a brighter way’, changing today for a better tomorrow. And we’re always on the look-out for smart,
talented people who share our values.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel
empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand
the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic,
LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus
employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.