The L&D Trainer will deliver end-to-end solutions that have clear, measurable outcomes to meet the needs of our group businesses. They will demonstrate the ability to understand and effectively diagnose business and individual requirements, as will maintaining strong internal stakeholder relationships to ensure successful delivery and embedding of interventions. The L&D consultant will be expected to meet quantitative and qualitative targets for training delivery.
The L&D Trainer will be expected to work with our external coaches and trainers, and internal operational training resources, and be able to support the delivery of training and development initiatives, assisting with train the trainer sessions as and when required.
The L&D Trainer will touch a wide cross-section of the business with particular focus on our employee community , they are expected to be cultural champions, role-modelling the company values, demonstrating a strong customer obsession and ensuring the best end-user experience through any intervention. The L&D team aspiration is to develop a best-in-class development function offering a range of services which meets the Octopus Group needs.
The L&D team support with learning needs analysis for Group where required, conducting organisational diagnostics and feeding the learnings from these back to our Sponsors and the overall Learning and Development strategy.
This role is a highly visible role across the company with the expectation that you will champion Organisation Development and build further the profile of the L&D Team across the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and delivery of existing and new technical training materials for Octopus’s products and processes, including core sales and product training
- Design and delivery of existing and new behavioural training
- Working closely with the business to ensure learning solutions are designed, delivered and evaluated to meet the specific developmental and organisational needs
- Work with the Head of Learning and Development to review and develop the existing L&D offering and identify areas for improvement, as well as supporting the development of a plan to deliver enhancements
- To be an integral part of building a feedback culture and the desire to drive this forward with a team of feedback coaches.
- Proven ability to project manage design and delivery end-to-end of training programmes.
- Experienced coach/trainer/facilitator.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and influence at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with employees of all levels.
- Professional and engaging manner.
- Humility and the ability to remain grounded, see things from others point of view and roll your sleeves up as and when required to support colleagues in meeting their commitments.
- Preferably holding a degree and having/working towards other professional qualifications.
- Up to date on latest T&D trends and industry best practice.
And to really stand out from the crowd:
- A true passion for training that can be seen in your strong training and development background.
- Being able to competently design, deliver and evaluate group training sessions.
- A super fast learner, interested in and able to acquire technical skill/familiarity quickly and efficiently.
- SDI Accredited.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.