We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Content Writer to join the Group Marketing team at Octopus. You’ll be responsible for delivering best-in-class written content and amplifying the Octopus message across the web, social and internal channels. You’ll also be required to cover key events and report on them in a way that tells the Octopus story to a wider audience.
You’ll be passionate about writing and be able to cut through repetition, jargon or boring waffle. You’ll have excellent written skills, and demonstrate a willingness to learn about the various Octopus businesses. You’ll be an adept user of social media who intuitively knows what ‘good’ social media content looks like, and you’ll also be capable of quickly picking up – and championing – the Octopus tone of voice. You’ll have journalist like curiosity, and the ability to craft a story from people and events.
The Group Marketing team works at a fast pace and is expected to uphold Octopus brand values by delivering high-quality content at all times. You’ll need to react well to working under pressure while still delivering excellent error-free copy. You’ll enjoy being creatively challenged and being asked to think differently in a company that is earning a reputation for putting its customers first.
The Octopus Group includes Octopus Investments, Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. We also have a charity foundation called Octopus Giving. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. Our products don’t just help real people solve real-life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
• Work closely with the Group Head of Content to develop engaging high-quality written content, according to the content schedule and plan
• Work closely with the internal digital marketing team and external agency to publish and promote content in a timely manner
• Cover key events (inside and outside of Octopus) in a reporting capacity, creating case studies and profiling the individuals and organisations that share our values.
• Work with stakeholders and internal experts to deliver their key messages that support business growth and retention strategies.
• Prepare long and short form written outputs, social media posts, scripts, material for press and internal communications
• Must be able to build a high level of knowledge and understanding of Octopus products and services, as well as keeping up with current events and latest economic and business developments.
• Take part in corporate marketing activities, such as strategic planning, campaign material development and production as well as implementation.
• Contribute to marketing and PR campaigns as required.
• Excellent written English skills and able to write clearly and creatively.
• Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
• Good analytical and numerical skills.
• Educated to 2.1 degree level or equivalent.
• Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
• Must be comfortable using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms.