At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ over 700 people and manage more than £7.8 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Internal Business Development Managers (IBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise, commercial support and personal service that is unrivalled in the financial services industry. The role is based in Octopus’s Head Office in London and is predominantly telephone based.
Essential Job Functions
• Working with External BDM to build and deliver the business plan for the region
• Management and development of existing adviser relationships
• Building client base
• Point of contact for all inbound Financial Advisers queries
• Provide an exceptional level of customer service
• Implement new sales and marketing campaigns
• Help educate financial advisers and empower them to solve their clients’ needs.
• Mentoring and training new BDMs
• Arrange adviser meetings for External BDMs and where required perform meetings yourself.
• Provide product feedback and identify needs of advisers’ clients and communicate to the relevant business line
• Aid flow of information from Business Line and Product Managers to advisers.
• Improve internal systems to ensure the team works in an efficient way
• Presentations to IFAs
• Attend and support IFA and industry conferences/seminars, as requested
• Contribute to virtual product teams as product expert or deputy expert
• Constantly improve product and industry knowledge
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• Development – Help to develop your peers by the sharing of information. Actively participate in all internal and external meetings. Develop yourself by seeking out opportunities to stretch out of your comfort zone
• Service – Always go beyond what is expected of you with both your internal and external relationships
• Quality – Effective decision making in all circumstances will ensure a consistently high quality of service in all your dealings with clients and colleagues
• Integrity – Empathise with your colleagues and clients. Lead by example i.e. treat others as you would expect to be treated.
• Delivery – 100% is the only target that you should aim for; both individually and as a team
• Happiness – Celebrate success of your team and others. Create a harmonious team atmosphere in which it is a pleasure to work
• Exceptional consultative sales experience
• Strong and flexible work ethic
• Service focused
• High quality interpersonal skills
• Winning mentality
• Ability to build and expand your own universe of clients
• Attention to detail
• Relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office)
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.