About the role
The Sales Operations role is to provide cross team support across the Sales Support Team, Adviser Operations Team and the Onboarding Team, this includes all pre and post-sale support and assistance to the sales team by removing any tasks which take them away from maximising revenue. Supporting the adviser relationship is the role’s primary responsibility. The successful candidate will be expected to provide various tasks across the business and react quickly to requests and are proactive to ensure opportunities are not missed.
Sales Support: We speak to advisors and provide administrative support such as writing up meeting notes, sending out literature, creating illustrations and providing excellent service to clients.
Onboarding: We oversee the successful take on of new clients and new investments. Inc: setting up client accounts, processing new business, performing regulatory checks, overseeing the receipt of funds and ensuring portfolios are activated for dealing.
Adviser Operations: We make sure there is an alignment of records with the FCA Register and other MI sources (e.g. Networks) by daily database maintenance and ensuring accuracy of data is imputed into the system whilst responding to queries and investigations, and ensuring accuracy of adviser charging / commission payments.
Experience in a support role within financial services
Demonstrated an eagerness to learn on the job
Displayed a can do attitude to complete BAU in required timeframes
Demonstrates the ability to be flexible with work assigned on a daily basis
Essential Job Functions
Deliver a consistent and reliable support service to the BDM Team to allow them to focus on sales
Responding to requests and queries from Advisers, Clients and internal staff by letter, email and telephone
Add notes and complete follow up tasks from meetings
Produce client illustrations within agreed timescales
Assist the Events Manager with post event follow up tasks
· Capturing and processing client details and instructions from application forms
· Obeying regulatory requirements, ensuring AML checks are completed and client money is dealt with adequately
· Database maintenance and ensuring accuracy of data: Ensuring the CRM database is maintained with up to date records from requests from the FCA register, BDM team, SP team, email bounce backs, events and webinars
Assist with charges/commission payment runs, queries, issues, claw-backs and mailings
Review various daily reconciliations sent from Reconciliations Team
Facilitate Online Portal Access for Advisers or Company Admins in Secure Manager
Assist with daily BAU as required
Confident in challenging the norm is essential
Must have a background in improving processes
Must be approachable and work well in multiple teams
Ensure accuracy and adherence to timescales in all tasks
· Appetite to learn and willingness to be challenged. Seeks and is open to feedback from colleagues and the wider business
· Strong attention to detail and/or data entry experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· A proactive, can-do, customer focused attitude
· A willingness to take ownership and coordinate between internal/external customers
Other job specific experience/technical skills/abilities
Flexibility is essential in terms of the need to complete a variety of tasks and meet the different needs of the different teams
· Well organised, and be able demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritise & pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
· Outgoing, proactive with a friendly manner
· Prior experience of dealing with customers on the telephone
· Prior knowledge of regulatory requirements surrounding anti-money laundering (AML), Client Money (CASS), ISA rules and subscription limits/restrictions
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.