About the role
You will be joining a team of two people and help run the internal audit function for the Octopus Capital Group. There is an opportunity to drive the strategy of internal audit, and develop our methodology/approach to internal audit. This function will cover all parts of the business. There will be certain key partnerships within the firm that you will need to form and it is essential that you become a key member of the Octopus family. You will be working closely with the other members of the internal audit team to help set up and design the internal audit programme.
Essential Job Functions
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, AAT, CIMA) looking for a unique and exciting first or second move into industry.
· Working at a medium/top tier audit practice.
· Proven internal audit and related work experience at increasing levels of responsibility.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Exposure to the financial services sector and an understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
· Relevant internal audit or similar qualification (CIA, CISA) desirable, but not essential.
· To help grow the team and position internal audit as a valued and respected department within the organisation.
· Take ownership for the end to end audit process from design and scope through to delivery and reporting.
· Development and maintenance of audit methodologies.
· Accurate, appropriate and timely reporting to all stakeholders.
· Periodic follow up on the status of actions taken by management in implementing audit recommendations.
· Business partnering with key 2nd line of defence teams e.g. Risk and Compliance.
· Identify emerging industry and regulatory issues and assess their implications.
You will love this job if you
· Are passionate about internal audit with the motivation and drive to be successful in a competitive industry.
· Are a ‘hands-on’ person who is always on the lookout for better ways of doing things and will enjoy the challenge of building and growing a developing team.
· Are a people person and keen to interact with different people at all levels across the business.
· Are committed to delivering a great experience to all our customers.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.