This role, reporting to the Group Treasury Manager, will support the day to day functions of the Group Treasury team whilst also taking the lead on certain Treasury specific operational improvement projects including our pending Group wide treasury system implementation project. This is a part time opportunity of 27 hours per week with a strong preference towards a 5 day week with reduced working hours.
o Deputising for the Group Treasury Manager where necessary
o A key part of the role for the first 6-12 months will be it’s involvement in the pending design, implementation and roll out of a new Group wide treasury management system, working alongside both our dedicated project manager, treasury team and wider stakeholders across the Octopus Group. The system has already been selected and this project is about to launch – its all ready to start!
o Once the treasury management system has been implemented – then becoming a key ‘super user’ of the system and responsible for the delivery of regular electronic treasury reporting across the Group ie cash flow and liquidity reports etc, loan statements etc.
o Working alongside the Group Treasury Manager to aid the advancement of the centralisation of any treasury activities which are still being undertaken by our subsidiaries across the Octopus Group
o Making recommendations for controls and process improvements in all areas of the Treasury team
o Managing bank accounts & administration.
o Treasury Accounting. Production of analysis as required, and any additional input, for period-end reporting and periodic analytical requirements.
o Ensure an appropriate mix of controls are in place, liaising with internal audit functions where appropriate and liaising directly with external auditors on all treasury related matters
· We are looking for someone either professionally qualified ACT or other professional accounting qualification, or alternatively someone qualified by experience
· An individual with a hungry appetite for systems project work, digitisation and working actively on deliverables within a project implementation team and previous experience of executing treasury projects
· Will have a previous proven track record within a previous treasury team, and able to demonstrate systems and process improvements in their previous roles
· Will be driven with a mind set of continuously looking to improve business procedures
· Will be someone who is ‘customer’ focused, who considers the performance of the Group Treasury team (and its role as a key service provider) – as a key part of their role
· Ability to work with a large range of individuals from the different finance teams across the Octopus Group, also bank relations, subsidiaries, internal and external auditors etc.