The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Core responsibilities will include;
• Preparation of limited company management accounts with variance analysis and notes.
• Working with credit and servicing teams to manage loan book, including redemption statement preparation and interest collection reporting.
• Accounting journal entries, including loan postings and interest accruals.
• Ownership of fund payments, creditor positions, control accounts and intercompany reconciliations.
• Analysis and reporting of loan book.
• Part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant, with a high attention to detail.
• Strong numerical skills.
• High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity in your style.
• Knowledge and experience of using SUN accounting systems is preferable.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
• We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
• We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
• We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
• We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
• We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.