The role is part of a team responsible for originating, evaluating and executing new investment opportunities. This role will report to the Investment Director heading up the investment team in Australia. The role is expected to offer immediate exposure to transactions. The candidate must have the ability to work in Australia – no visa sponsorship or relocation package will be offered.
Essential Job Functions
Outline of responsibilities
- Assist in origination activities including market research, organising and attending meetings, taking notes and maintaining a pipeline tracker of potential investment opportunities.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities across the sector, assisting the team in considering returns in the context of identified risks and their mitigants.
- Analyse and maintain complex financial models in a transparent, accurate and efficient manner.
- Carry out financial, legal and technical due diligence on new investment opportunities, primarily through appointing and managing specialist external advisors.
- Assist the team in preparing investment papers detailing new opportunities to the Investment Committee, taking notes of these meetings.
- Support the procurement of project finance and power purchase agreements, including financial modelling and term sheet negotiation.
- Assist in the preparation of transaction contracts through reviewing and assisting negotiations of contractual terms. Managing interactions with legal advisors.
- Support on post-acquisition portfolio management – including construction and operational monitoring and managing asset management contracts with external service providers.
- Maintain and enhance the quality and integrity of data captured and reported, including reporting to the Octopus head office team in London.
- Proactively seek out improvements to maximise value for investors.
- Support the fundraising efforts locally by assisting in preparing presentation materials.
- Support profile raising activities.
- Assist in engaging with energy policymakers to influence energy policy.