About the role
Octopus Property is one of the industry’s leading specialist lenders with an impressive track record and numerous awards. With a highly experienced team and a clear vision for growth, now is an exciting time to join the business as we continue to the next phase of our journey.
It’s an exciting time of opportunity and change in Property’s Servicing team, as we strive to improve not just what we do, but how we do it. Everyone in the team needs to embrace technology as we work towards becoming fully digitised.
The Servicing team plays a crucial role in all post completion activity collaborating with colleagues in Finance, Sales and Credit. The priority is to maintain excellent relationships with customers and advisors following completion of their loan through to redemption to ensure that we maintain our award-winning service levels, even as we continue to grow. The role will balance difficult decision making expected within a lending business.
Core responsibilities will include
• You will be responsible for managing your own case load, including payment performance, arrears management and recommending strategies for any default cases (including enforcement if appropriate)
• Identifying the need to and then instructing solicitors, receivers, administrators and other third parties
• Managing all aspects of loans in placed in to recoveries
• Analysing and suggesting any provisions to loans
• Shortfall recovery
• Producing forecasts of redemption activity and liaising with the finance department accordingly
• Agreeing part releases of security
• Working with the Credit Team to agree extensions to client’s loans
• Liaise with the Sales Team regarding new loans for existing clients
• Instructing asset managers to attend properties
• Must have knowledge of the mortgage industry
• Must have experience of dealing with loans in recoveries
• Must have experience of working closely with solicitors and receivers
• Experience of developing and presenting strategies
• Negotiating experience
• Used to working within a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritise tasks from a high work-flow
• Strong and flexible work ethic
• Exceptional and high quality interpersonal skills for this outgoing team
• Confident with technology, with relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office)
• Strong time management skills
• High level of attention to detail
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
• We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
• We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
• We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
• We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
• We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.