About the Role
Due to growth, an opportunity has arisen for a new Accounts Assistant to join the team, supporting the two Accounts Assistants already in place. The Accounts Assistant will work across the sales leger, purchase ledger and banking functions with responsibilities for tenant billings, credit control, cash postings, purchase ledger administration and payment processing for the MedicX Fund. The role will provide a great introduction to the accounting processes and operations of this successful healthcare landlord. The Accounts Assistant will play an important and active part in supporting the property management and finance teams.
The right individual will be bright, adaptable and be able to work individually and as part of a team with a can do attitude. This role will require close working with the existing MedicX Fund’s Finance team of six others and the Property Management team of six. The Accounts Assistant and will need to be well organised, a confident communicator and take pride in the quality of their work.
Sales Ledger Support
• Preparation of pre-invoicing reports for review and approval by Property Managers
• Raising sales invoices – Direct recharges, rent and ad hoc invoices as required
• Customer account liaison and late payment collection management
Purchase Ledger Support
• Assistance with purchase invoice administration
• Logging, coding and posting purchase invoices
• Administration of invoice approval process
• Preparation of payment runs
• Banking of tenant cheques and posting direct bank receipt transactions on Qube
• Posting payments in purchase and bank ledgers
• Monitoring bank balances and administering transfers
• Maintaining bank reconciliations
What We’re Looking For
• Studying towards or qualified AAT or similar
• Experience of processing in purchase / sales / bank ledgers
• Posting journals and running reports
• Familiar with groups of companies and dealing with inter-company transactions
• Attention to detail, good numeracy, verbal and written communication
• An ability to focus individually and work in a team environment
• Good IT skills, including experience of Excel
• Comfortable working in a feedback culture with an ambition to develop skills and experience
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.