About the role
External Business Development Managers (EBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise and personal service that is unrivalled in the financial services industry. You will be responsible for the delivery of lending targets across a defined region. Our EBDMs are not just best in class, they are expected to deliver world class service to their brokers and clients.
Essential Role Functions
• Achieve and exceed sales targets as set by the Head of Sales.
• Be the focal point for all brokers and clients within your region.
• Assist the internal business development team in chasing new enquiries and pipeline applications.
• Hold face to face meetings with brokers and clients.
What we’re looking for
• A thorough understanding of the UK property finance industry.
• You will have existing relationships in the property broker market with the ability to build and maintain your own panel.
• Proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
• Committed to providing 1st class customer service.
• Experience working for a property lender in a business development role.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.