Octopus Healthcare is a leading healthcare property investor / developer in the UK. With a thirteen-year track record, approximately £1.2bn (gross) of assets under management and a team of approximately 60, we are active across multiple UK healthcare property sectors with a particular focus on GP surgeries, elderly care homes and retirement living.
We’re changing the way people think about healthcare. Not that long ago we only built GP surgeries, but now, we are investing in the infrastructure of the UK and Ireland healthcare sector, working with the NHS and private sector to give people a healthcare experience they want.
The clinical assurance function within Octopus Healthcare (OH) has been in place since 2015 and works across the healthcare portfolios. Clinical assurance is integrated within the entire OH team, providing risk management, operational and regulatory guidance to the Board and the internal teams within the Octopus Healthcare Division. Led by the Clinical Assurance Director the function is involved in building relationships with operators and monitoring regulatory and quality performance. In addition, offering governance and assurance recommendations and support to our healthcare operators. The clinical assurance team are also involved in the underwriting of new operators and carry out routine and priority site visits and works alongside the investment teams. We offer bi-annual Quality Care Forums which are well attended by our partners and operators across the UK with a focus on regulatory updates, best practice workshops and networking. We are looking to expand the team with the growth of the portfolio and the opportunity to offer further support within the team, most notably within the primary care team.
• Maintain existing and support the development of relationships and engagement through operator liaison.
• Carry out site visits and provide operational monitoring updates and insight into operational progress with regulatory compliance and service quality to the relevant OH team
• Escalation of any relevant information that may impact on the safety of care or present a risk to the business.
• Offer guidance and recommendations to our operators where relevant, regarding regulation or quality/best practice.
• Report writing which form part of various investor and board reports
• Active involvement and delivery of sessions and workshops at the Octopus Healthcare Quality Care Forum workshops including best practice initiatives and sector updates.
• Support the Clinical Assurance Director with the day to day priorities providing stand in support when necessary.
• Attending Octopus Healthcare meetings and events ensuring you are a contributing part of the team.
• Provide regulatory or healthcare sector advice to the wider OH team as required.
• Experienced Healthcare professional.
• Registered nurse or equivalent.
• Proven experience of developing and or integrating quality/clinical governance systems and process.
• A good communicator, you are able to strike the right tone and are a great stakeholder manager across the business both internally and externally.
• Collected and calm under pressure. You have superb organisational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
• Naturally organised and happy to adapt to change maintaining an agile approach to business priorities.
• A keen attention to detail.
• Self-learner and able to maintains skills and knowledge base.
• Happy to work alone or as part of a team.
• Happy to travel and used to working efficiently across the UK (this role can be based in our office at 33 Holborn or home based depending on where you live).
• Flexible to reasonable priority changes to workload.
• Full UK driving licence
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.