It’s an exciting time of opportunity and change in Property’s Operations team, as we strive to improve not just what we do, but how we do it. Everyone in the team needs to embrace technology as we work towards becoming fully digitised. The Property Operations team plays a crucial part in the customer journey and we are looking to evolve how we work by adding a Loan Administrator (Case Manager) to this busy team. The Case Manager will add further value by providing specialist lending knowledge and a holistic approach to the lending journey ensuring our customers get the best possible service. The priority is to maintain excellent service levels for our customers and brokers during the journey from application to completion of their loan to ensure that we maintain our award-winning service levels, even as we continue to grow.
As a Loan Administrator (Case Manager), you will assist brokers and borrowers with their application and therefore must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage expectations and deadlines whilst providing an excellent service that encourages repeat business. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
• Liaising with brokers to assist obtaining the required documents and supporting information to expedite the completion of loan applications.
• Liaising with the sales department to ensure they are kept up to date on the status of applications and acting as a port of call at month end providing them with the desired updates.
• Keeping brokers up to date with the progress of their applications.
• Progressing enquiries and applications up to sign off stage, including producing the application pack for underwriters by carrying out KYC / AML searches and credit checks.
• Initial point of contact for telephone calls before referral to the Credit team.
• Accurate checking, input and processing of loan applications in accordance with Octopus Property’s lending policy and procedures.
• Dealing with issues raised by Solicitors or other third parties, referring to the credit manager as appropriate.
• Production of pre-completion and post-completion documents such as Offer Letter and Welcome Letters
• To help ensure the underwriting team’s pipeline records are fully up to date and the required departments can see when the documents are to be expected.
• Conducting regulated security calls with the clients to ensure we are fully compliant with KYC and as a final pre-completion check.
• Working with the credit managers on post and items received on loan applications.
• Deal with all matters arising through the life of the loan, up to completion.
• To be available to carry out any other duties on an ad hoc basis when required.
• Proven knowledge and experience in the Bridging/property lending industry
• Experience dealing with a high volume workflow and prioritising accordingly
• Ability to form good relationships with key stakeholders and third parties such as vendors, Asset Managers and solicitors
• Close attention to detail
• Able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• Exceptional and high quality interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Problem solver and can-do attitude
• Team player, whose behaviour demonstrates commitment to team goals
• Able to adapt to system and process changes
• Confident using technology, with relevant IT knowledge
• CeMap qualified (an advantage)
• Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
• Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.