About the role
Octopus works with a wide variety of advisory firms and advisers, covering a diverse and complex proposition. These advisers respond to business generation ideas, service, education and support. High standards of proactive support must be delivered across the entire adviser spectrum, provided by a team of office and field based Business Development Managers and a Strategic Partnerships team.
The Area Sales Manager/Director must be able to ensure the provision of an appropriate framework and tools to deliver the highest levels of service to these complex relationships. Managing a team of telephone based Business Development Mangers to deliver and develop competence (resulting in profitable inflows) is a key accountability in this role.
Essential Job Functions
• Part of the Sales Management team responsible for developing sales strategy for the wider BDM team and the identification of commercial opportunitie
•Developing a varied team of IDBMs towards continuously improved performance through understanding an optimized model, regular observation, coaching, monitoring progress and gaining buy in to delivery of a personalized development action plan.
•Developing and delivering the ongoing T&C schemeReporting to the Head Internal Business Development responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of c.10 office based BDMs and Senior BDMs with a view to optimising inflows and service in a sales region
• Setting and monitoring progress on objectives and personal development plans for the team. Helping them to broaden their exposure to the rest of the business and to expand their skillset to incorporate face to face meetings and presentations.
• Empower your team to originate and effectively deliver sales campaigns
• Develop new initiatives to increase the number of advisers supporting Octopus and devising strategies to identify potential target advisers for the existing product set.
• Delivery of regular performance reviews and coaching.
• Ownership of and responsibility for developing key adviser accounts in your region
• Presenting at regional seminars and to colleagues within Octopus
• Planning and implementing campaigns to maximize impact of marketing activity.
• Co-operate with other Octopus functions to ensure that specific product launches and training can be supported, often to tight time scales.
Be helpful Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Be straightforward Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Be bold Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.