Octopus Property is one of the industry’s leading specialist lenders with an impressive track record and numerous awards. With a highly experienced team and a clear vision for growth, now is an exciting time to join the business as we continue to the next phase of our journey.
Internal Business Development Managers (IBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise and personal service that is unrivalled in the financial services industry. You will support your broker and your External Business Development Manager (EBDM) from application stage through to completion.
• Manage, build and maintain relationships with existing and new brokers alike
• Provide point of contact for all inbound broker queries – you will be the shop front of Octopus Property
• Provide an exceptional level of customer service
• Manage the process from start to finish
• Implement new sales and marketing campaigns
• Provide indicative terms over the phone and via e-mail to our brokers
• Chase prospective deals through to application stage and deal with any queries that may arise
• Build new relationships with prospective companies
• Enhance and develop existing relationships to increase business levels
• Support existing and prospective client firms over the telephone
• Focus on developing long term relationships that deliver
• Arrange client meetings for EBDMs
• Provide support to EBDMs and their clients
• Efficiently manage your work load in a fast paced and pressured environment
• Working experience in a Property Lending environment
• Exceptional phone manner and communication skills.
• Experience in a similar role and having a background dealing with brokers
• Strong and flexible work ethic
• Service focused
• High quality interpersonal skills
• Positive winning mentality
• Ability to build and maintain your own panel of brokers
• Attention to detail
• Relevant IT knowledge (particularly Microsoft Office including Excel)
• Ability to thrive in a high pressured environment
• Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
• Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.