At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ over 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Octopus Property is one of the industry’s leading specialist lenders with an impressive track record and numerous awards. With a highly experienced team and a clear vision for growth, now is an exciting time to join the business as we continue to the next phase of our journey.
It’s an exciting time of opportunity and change in Property’s Servicing team, as we strive to improve not just what we do, but how we do it. Everyone in the team needs to embrace technology as we work towards becoming fully digitised. The Servicing team plays a crucial role in all post completion activity collaborating with colleagues in Finance, Sales and Credit. The priority is to maintain excellent relationships with customers and advisors following completion of their loan through to redemption to ensure that we maintain our award-winning service levels, even as we continue to grow.
• Contacting clients throughout their loan term
• Answering queries from clients and brokers, providing a high level of customer service when answering telephone calls and answering emails
• Preparing post-completion correspondence to clients (e.g. redemption reminder letters)
• Monitoring transactions through the bank accounts
• Managing payment performance of clients & reporting of, and handling, arrears cases
• Liaising with the finance department to produce statements of account
• Agreeing part releases of security
• Working with the Credit Team to agree extensions to client’s loans
• Liaise with the Sales Team regarding new loans for existing clients
• Instructing asset managers to attend properties
• Instructing solicitors and third parties
• Compiling post redemption information
• Supporting the team with all general housekeeping and additional support as necessary
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• Experience within a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritise tasks from a high work-flow
• Strong and flexible work ethic.
• Exceptional and high quality interpersonal skills for this outgoing team.
• Experience maintaining filing systems
• Confident with technology, with relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office).
• Strong time management skills
• High level of attention to detail.
• Must have previous administrative, operations or support experience preferably in financial services
• Must have knowledge of the mortgage industry
• Customer Obsession - is about putting the customers’ needs at the heart of everything we do. We achieve this by listening, by making the complex simple and by delivering on our promises.
• Focus on Impact - is about making things happen. It’s about recognising and avoiding the distractions. And it’s about executing really, really well.
• Better & Better - is about having the humility to recognise that everything can be improved. We want a culture where everyone can put forward ideas and where people at all levels seek out, learn from and react positively to feedback.
• Personality matters - at Octopus. We want people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, are passionate about what they do, and who retain their humility despite all they achieve. We are honest, open and decent, always.
• Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
• Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms.
• This role does not required the candidate to be an FCA Approved Person.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.