This is an important role within a rapidly expanding fund management team within Octopus Healthcare. It involves assisting the team with sourcing and executing property investment transactions for the Octopus Healthcare Fund, which is expected to become a £1bn (gross) sector leading unlisted UK healthcare investment vehicle. It will also involve assisting the team with property sales and various matters relating to portfolio management and Investor relations.
The role will provide an excellent grounding in property investment, real estate portfolio management and (through an involvement in forward fundings and interaction with Octopus Healthcare’s development team) property development.
We are seeking a Graduate Investment Surveyor to assist with the growth of the Octopus Healthcare Fund. Reporting to the Healthfunds Fund Manager, the role will be focussed on assisting the team in originating, underwriting, obtaining Investment Committee approval for, undertaking due diligence on and executing new transactions. Transactions will involve both standing investments and forward fundings, the latter being sourced both from Octopus Healthcare’s in-house development team and also from third party developers.
The role will also involve assisting with the execution of sales from the portfolio periodically, and performing hold-sell analyses of assets within the portfolio. Furthermore, it will involve supporting the team in various areas related to portfolio management, Investor relations and marketing.
The role is based in London, with some UK travel.
• You will recently had achieved your RICS qualifying degree.
• Your key objective is becoming an RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor which is something Octopus Healthcare will provide support for.
• Personality and approach is key. We are seeking someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who is genuinely driven, personable and capable of bringing initiative, focus and flair to a wide variety of situations.
• Highly numerate, and proficient in modelling property investments.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal.