At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
At Octopus Property, we’re different. We’re committed to providing exceptional customer service throughout the lending process, making sure we get the right decision for the borrower, as quickly as we can. And if we agree to do something, we’ll do it.
Our flexible approach to lending and commitment to customer service has won us numerous awards. But we’re not about to get complacent. We keep listening to our customers and enhancing our product range and service levels, to give each of our customers the best possible experience. It’s property lending the way it should be.
We are a specialist property lender with a genuine appetite to lend. Unlike other traditional bridging finance companies, we offer both short-term bridging loans (many for a matter of months) and extended bridging facilities allowing customers loan terms of up to five years.
We offer the largest loans in the bridging finance industry, ranging from £50,000 to £25 million. And we'll also consider even larger loans for experienced property professionals. As we are self-funded, every penny we lend is our own so we can deliver instant lending decisions and completion within days
Internal Business Development Managers (IBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise and personal service that is unrivalled in the financial services industry. You will support your broker and your External Business Development Manager (EBDM) from application stage through to completion.
• Manage, build and maintain relationships with existing and new brokers alike
• Provide point of contact for all inbound broker queries – you will be the shop front of Octopus Property
• Provide an exceptional level of customer service
• Manage the process from start to finish
• Implement new sales and marketing campaigns
• Provide indicative terms over the phone and via e-mail to our brokers
• Chase prospective deals through to application stage and deal with any queries that may arise
• Build new relationships with prospective companies
• Enhance and develop existing relationships to increase business levels
• Support existing and prospective client firms over the telephone
• Focus on developing long term relationships that deliver
• Arrange client meetings for EBDMs
• Provide support to EBDMs and their clients
• Efficiently manage your work load in a fast paced and pressured environment
• Exceptional consultative sales experience
• Exceptional phone manner and communication skills.
• Experience in a similar role and having a background dealing with brokers
• Strong and flexible work ethic
• Service focused
• High quality interpersonal skills
• Positive winning mentality
• Ability to build and maintain your own panel of brokers
• Attention to detail
• Relevant IT knowledge (particularly Microsoft Office including Excel)
• Ability to thrive in a high pressured environment
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.