At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
This is a varied, challenging and rewarding role within the firm’s complaints function. You’d be reporting directly to the senior Complaints Manager, and working closely with colleagues in both the complaints team and other compliance based roles. The complaint function forms part of the wider Compliance Team and you would look at complaints raised across a number of the Group Companies including Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures & Octopus Labs.
• Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills to ensure appropriate responses to customer complaints
• Help maintain the firm’s complaint data, and report MI internally to key stakeholders
• Understand complex financial products and background to investment decisions
• Understand the relationship with FOS and how best to approach any escalated complaints
• Ability to work with relevant parties on any legal cases against the firm
• Help to manage 3rd party relationships, where necessary
• Empathy, confidence and gravitas to lead meetings and calls with advisers and investors raising complaints
• Undertake trend analysis and root cause analysis and then help to deliver improvements to our systems and processes that will improve the customer experience
• Knowledge of, and ability to adhere to, regulatory and business standards on all calls and written communications
• Help maintain a professional but fun environment for you and your colleagues
• Proven complaint handling experience within an FCA regulated complaints environment
• Proven experience of working on complex FOS/Legal cases
• Hold professional qualifications – ideally, Level 4 diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, or similar
• Experience of working autonomously and influencing key stakeholders
• Excellent investigation skills, with an ability to identify key information within a complaint and reach a decision that achieves the right outcome for involved parties
• Production of root cause analysis experience
• Excellent numeracy, administrative, verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation experience, with an ability to deliver complaints related training to colleagues within the business
• Flexible approach – willing to challenge, initiate change and provide feedback to colleagues
• Confident, outgoing, friendly team player
• Emotional maturity with the ability to empathise, build rapport, but stay strong when the need arises
• Highly organised, with excellent time management skills
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.