At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Working within the Octopus Property Finance team, and reporting to the Financial Controller; this role will involve responsibility and ownership of the various reporting requirements across the team.
• Overall responsibility for audits and tax compliance for eight funds (LP, LLP and limited company structures).
• Regulatory reporting, including AIFMD Annex IV.
• Full ownership of board and investor reporting for all relevant funds; including attendance at all relevant meetings to present.
• Bank debt reporting for applicable entities.
• Development of internal procedures to develop best in class management information.
• Previous experience of accounting in different company structures; preferably within the real estate sector
• Previous experience of FCA regulatory reporting, using GABRIEL
• An excellent communicator to all levels, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• A strong innovator that isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo in order to improve.
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with at least two years post-qualification experience gained in industry; preferably in lending and/or property sectors
• Previous experience of managing borrowing facilities, including covenant reporting
• High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity in your style
• Knowledge of experience of using SUN accounting systems
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture